Our miracle baby


November 17, 2018

Friday night I was exhausted, like I usually am at the end of the week. Around 9:30 I told Evan I was going to throw in the towel and hit the bed. I had just finished my first week at my new job and I was mentally and physically worn out. My first week was great, but I was on information overload. 

We went to bed early but unlike most nights, I was restless. I tossed and turned for awhile until I finally dosed off. A couple hours later I woke up from an odd dream that had my mind racing. After an hour or so I finally fell back to sleep, but not for long. All night I woke up every few hours to strange dreams. 

The dreams were stemmed from my confusion about my monthly cycle being late. I was supposed to start on Wednesday, but no sign of it. I chalked it up to being stressed about starting a new job, starting my half marathon training and my typical overall worrisome mind. Each time I woke up I had to shake it off and tell myself to not think about the what-ifs and just sleep. 

The next morning I woke up and Evan told me to “pee on a stick,” as he normally does if I’m a day or two late. I searched for one but didn’t have one on hand. I shook it off and said I’m sure I’ll start later today. He insisted that he run to CVS to get cereal and a few “just to check.” He came home and I was sipping tea and relaxing. He told me to take one so we could just be certain I was just late. 

In the time he was gone I had received a call from work about an incident at the clinic after we left on Friday. I had calls, texts and emails to follow up on things so my mind was all over the place. Half out of it I went into the bathroom, took the test and continued my emails. After a few minutes I looked down and saw something I’ve NEVER seen before. TWO LINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😍❤️😍❤️😍

In complete shock I yelled Evan’s name and ran to the living room. I told him “I’M PREGNANT,” as tears streamed down my cheeks. When I finally stopped sobbing, I stepped back from his embrace and saw the biggest smile I’ve ever seen plastered across his face. The only other time I’ve ever seen a smile that big was our wedding day. We were in total shock! 

At that point we stood in the kitchen staring at the test in disbelieve. We had no idea what to say or do. I told him I needed to call Tina. I knew she would be overjoyed and would have some wise insight, since she had been through so much with her battles over the years. We FaceTime called her and showed her. She busted into tears of joy! We had so many questions and I knew she was the one to call.

We were so happy, but we also know that it’s so early that we needed to be cautiously optimistic. She gave us sound advice and we felt some relief. We talked and decided that we had been so transparent with our family with the IVF battles and the negative outcomes, so we wanted to do the same here. We know we have a long road ahead, and the future is unknown. But for now we will celebrate the news, the sign of hope and enjoy being pregnant!!! ❤️ 


Time line of events since I wrote this post….

11/24- New life for first ultrasound. Estimate 6 week’s and 2 days. Due July 25th. 

12/1- New life for heart beat. 

12/13- first official doctor appointment 

12/16- gender reveal party

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s